Medical Screening Panel Talking Points
- NHAJ asks that you support HB 50 to reform medical screening panels.
- HB 50 promotes the statutory purposes established in RSA 519-B:1, II
- By requiring that panels proceed based on offers of proof, the bill will result in earlier By requiring dates and encourage earlier resolution of claims.
- By requiring that panels proceed based on offers of proof, the bill will reduce the costs of litigation and avoid the current situation where valid claims are “screened out” based on the inability to support the cost of two trials.
- By encouraging prompt resolution, HB 50 provides a benefit to both benefits victims and doctors.
- Please vote to take HB 50 off the table and vote to support HB 50 as passed by the House.
Click Here to Find Your Representatives